County Budget Coordinator at Office of the Controller of Budget
_County Budget Coordinator at Office of the Controller of Budget in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies_
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010. Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the national and county governments by authorizing withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204), if satisfied that the same is in accordance with the law (Article 228(5). Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions.
*COUNTY BUDGET COORDINATOR*
Reporting to the County Regional Coordinator the successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing the performance of the county government budget and preparation of periodic and special reports.
* Day-to-day running and management of the County Office;
* Analyse the performance of the county government’s budgets;
* Organize public participation programs on budget implementation in the counties;
* Prepare quarterly, annual and special reports on implementation of the budgets of the County governments;
* Verify supporting documents for withdrawal of funds from County Revenue Funds and process all requisitions for withdrawals;
* Analyse county government budgets by sector, sub-sector, economic classifications, programs and projects;
* Monitor and analyse monthly expenditure returns from the county governments;
* Any other relevant duties assigned by the Chief Fiscal Analyst County government.
*Required Education, Skills and Experience:*
* Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
* Must have a Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
* Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya;
* Must have at least 3 years relevant work experience;
*Required Skills and Personal Attributes*
Applicants to this position should possess the following skills and personal attributes
• Leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Excellent computer skills;
• Sound knowledge of relevant laws, government regulations and policies;
Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please write in confidence quoting the job title on both the cover letter and envelope accompanied by a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, home county, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your c.v must clearly indicate four names of referees who must be familiar with your previous academic/work experience and indicate their telephone, postal and email addresses. Attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, Identity Card and testimonials.
Applications should be addressed to the Controller of Budget P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi and be sent by post or hand delivered to our offices at Bima House 12th Floor by 28th September, 2012.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
|Hours per week||Full Time: 30+|
The company is located 3 km from you
|Company||Office of the Controller of Budget|
|Start date||As soon as possible|