Human Resource and Administration Officer at Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC)
|Location||Nairobi (Nairobi), Kenya|
_Human Resource and Administration Officer at Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies_
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured trading systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminated barriers’ to regional trade.
Please visit our website www.eagc.org for more information.
We seek to fill the above position of *Human Resource and Administration Officer* to support our regional team to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of the secretariat. You should be highly organized, have strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and self motivated.
Reporting to the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer, the purpose of this position is to assist in the management of the operations of the secretariat including but not limited to preparation of board papers, procurement, human resources management, general office administration, filing and record keeping as well as providing administrative support to the program and services teams for effective and efficient implementation and evaluation of all Council activities.
*Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies*
* Degree in Business Studies or Social Sciences and professional qualification in Human Resource Management and Administration. Qualification in Law/Legal Studies will be an added advantage.
* Computer literate and pays attention to detail
* Team Orientation & good judgment skills as well as works with trustworthiness and integrity
* Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge & experience in ISO Quality Management System
* More than 5 years experience in a busy Human Resource & Administration environment
* Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
Your application should demonstrate how your experience matches our requirements.
It should include an up-to –date CV, the names and addresses of three referees, current remuneration package, valid email address and daytime contact telephone number.
All applications to be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 7th September 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Hours per week||Full Time: 30+|
The company is located 3 km from you
|Company||Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC)|
|Start date||As soon as possible|